Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Insights on Personal Traits Test

Every people living in this world have unique personalities. We are also unique in our own different ways. Each of us have different personal traits, attitudes, hobbies, likes and dislikes. We really cannot please everybody. I believed in the saying that “We are unique and yet fundamentally equal.” Rich or poor, fat or thin, young or adult? We are still equal in the eyes of God. We cannot also say that we are useless, we have a purpose in this world and that is why we are born. We are also born to love and to be loved.

On August 8, 2010, our instructor in Technopreneurship tackled about his lessons. After that, he showed to us some questionnaires regarding about personal traits. Most of the questions tackled about the certain situation and it was related to the subject Technopreneurship. The questions also helped me to realize how to make own decisions and gave me ideas of what I suppose to do whenever I get involved in those kind of situations. I answered the personal traits test (or personality test) very honestly and avoiding not to assumed myself into someone else. As what I have remembered, the choices that I mostly chose were I was happy if my friends were around, I was dependent on others decision sometimes, I am not a perfectionist and I accept opinions from others. After answering all those choices (A & B) our instructor told us to calculate it by giving us the corresponding number of what we have chosen. I got total of 35 points which interpretes that I am in neutral which mean that sometimes I possess some of the technopreneur traits or maybe being a technopreneur is not on my line.

Before I explain the reason why I got 35 totals of points in the personal traits test where also technopreneurship was involved. Allow me to reminisce some of my traits so that the reader like you will understand or if you agree with the results that I have got.
When I was in grade school, I considered myself as the quietest person in the whole world (LOL! This is the way I think, so exaggerated). I always find myself sittng at the corner of the room, alone. When my classmates talked to me, I responded less with a very small voice. I have friends but I don’t have a close friend. I always keep my secret alone and I don’t share problems or secrets to anybody even to my family. In our home, I don’t have friends in our neighborhood. Maybe, I was contented of having my brothers and sisters as my playmates. The other reason is my parents did not allow me to play outside; they wanted me to sleep and just study. Despite of these, I enjoyed my childhood because after school I always played with my classmates and sometimes I ran with them through the rain way back to our respective homes. As I grew up, I can say that I have friends but when I was in high school (2nd year to be exact), I realized that they were just few. I found myself crying and felt that I was boring. Afterwards, I said to myself that I must gain friends and I don’t care if they are not true to me but at least I can say that I have lot of friends. Since then, I have tried to become a humorous person. I always made people laugh with my stupid jokes and actions. They enjoyed being with me and I enjoyed to make other people happy. Some of my friends said that I have changed a lot. They were shocked knowing the other side of Lovable Lalaine Fabela. They never imagined that I could be just like this. A simple girl who can make a thousand ways to make other people smile. In terms of friendship, I can say that I am a kind of person that you can lean on anytime you need me. My friends always shared their problems to me but I never shared my own. I am also a kind of girl who is secretive and sometimes mysterious. In short, I am not showing my true feelings and I am not expressive. The real thing is, I am still a shy-type girl who had difficulty in mingling other people especially to those people who are new to me. I am not the one who talks first to them. I am not saying that am ignoring them or I was kind of snob, well I think that “this is the real me”, possessing intrapersonal type of personality and I hate it. But once a person came into my life? They will know the real or the other side of me. I hope they will never be regretful in knowing me and they will accept me for who I am.
To all jokes I’ve been shown and to all of their problems that I’ve been listened, I can still describe myself as a boring one. Yes! I am boring! Sometimes, some people find me not so interesting. I always pity on myself and that is why I am lacking of self confidence. I don’t even trust my skills and abilities. I am so weak in all things.

By sharing my experiences, you already know some of my personal traits. I realized also my strengths and weaknesses. I can say that some of my traits were good but there’s some that I must change for my self improvement.

Let’s go back with the results of my personal traits test. By knowing the results on that time, I have made a lot of realizations. I realized that I failed to chose of what I am supposed to answer in order to let myself in or to reach the entrepreneur level (range from 37-48) on the said interpretation of results. I am not saying that I felt full of regrets in getting only 35 total of points. Actually, I thank the personal traits test as well as my instructor for awakening me to see or to discover the personal traits of being a good technopreneur. Maybe I am not good into it but these personal traits test can be used as my guide in renewing myself to become a frustrated technopreneur. Frustrated? I said so because for now, I am trying and insisting myself that I must learn to love technopreneurship though I don’t like business and also for me to have a better future. (If ever I don’t get job after graduation as an IT graduate then I will own a company someday!)

Taking this kind of test helped me to transform myself in someone else; someone who possesses the entrepreneurial traits. I must learned to become a positive thinker. I know in myself that the only words that came first from my mouth is all positive but before the words have finally spoken, I always think all the things first negatively. Telling possible things helped me to strengthen my faith in getting something I want to have or to happen but sometimes, I can stop myself to become pessimistic. Maybe I have a weak soul or I don’t trust myself. From now on, I promise to myself to become optimistic for me to have positive outcomes in life. I must believe of what I am doing and whatever obstacles & trials I need to pass. I know everything’s gonna be alright at the end. Being a positive thinker helps a certain person to become strong which lead him or her to become successful in their own perspective lives. This trait plays a vital role of being a good technopreneur. Technopreneur must have this kind of personal trait. If a certain technopreneur is an optimistic? Well, no doubts if his or her company will be very successful. The other trait that I want to have is to become responsible to my works. Before, I was kind of irresponsible in doing my works. Some of my works done after on the said deadline. I am lazy in doing things that I need to do. I hate it and I want to change this bad habit. How can I become a good technopreneur if I am lay and irresponsible? Anyway, I have changed a lot and I am matured now unlike before. Now, I am responsible in making important things on time and I manage my time very wisely.. I work my tasks properly with my passion. I did all my assignments or tasks in school very quickly. If ever I finished all of it early, I have time to myself in taking some rest and to be ready for the coming tasks for the next days. I have changed but honestly, I always still come late in going to school. And I know I still have the chance to change that habit which is the tardiness. The next trait that I want to have is to become independent. Being an independent person is you have your own decision and you do not depend on other people. You have your own mind and of course you are confident that you are right of every decision that you are making. You can work without the help of other people. But of course, being independent is not like that they do not depend on themselves at all time. They need also some opinions from others where it can help in making a right decision. Being independent is good, knowing that you can stand alone. It shows the braveness, courageness and I can say that being independent is a responsible person. As today, I am still depending on others because I was afraid in making decisions because I don’t trust myself. I seek help sometimes to my friends for me to accomplished difficult tasks. The trait that I like most is having a sense of humor. I can say that I am a humored person in different way. I can easily make people laugh with my simple jokes. I find difficult to make other person to get attached with me quickly. Usually, they find me a very serious person though I am not that kind of girl. (I’m just serious at the right place and at the right time.) But I am not saying that I am always joking around. This kind of trait can help yourself to improve your socialization to others. If you have a sense of humor? Then you can gain lots of friend. In terms of business, having a sense of humor can also help you to improve your communication skills especially in taming your clients. The clients will be convinced by your charisma and of course! Through them you can easily earned a lot of money. Speaking of money? We cannot start up a business if you don’t have money. When I was young ‘til now, my dream is to become a rich woman someday. Then other says, if you want to be rich or if you want the money to work alone with you? Then make yourself as a entrepreneur. But how can I become a entrepreneur if I don’t have a capital? LOL, it sounds ridiculous. Anyway, never mind this one.

In the personal traits test, once again I only got 35 totals of points which mean that I am in neutral level and it was below of becoming an entrepreneur. Maybe I don’t have the skills and I cannot say that I can easily possess all the character traits of being a technopreneur for a short period of time but I am hoping that someday, somehow I can be a good technopreneur. I know that it was not easy to get yourself involved in the business. It is not easy to become an effective leader to a company that you have dreamed of. But if you have the courage or will to make your dreams come true, it is possible to reach it and just believe in yourself. I also still believe that nothing is impossible to reach your dreams in life. I will try my very best to reach my goals and I will make my future brighter of what I always imagined. Of course, I will strengthen my faith to God and I know that He will never fail us.

No comments:

Post a Comment